Wednesday, June 19, 2013

On The Road Again to Nashville and Crossville, TN. - Golf, then teaching a class on crocheting in the round!

My husband and I left Lexington early yesterday morning for Nashville, TN, our first stop on this journey. The weather was perfect, with bright blue skies and big white puffy clouds. On the way, I crocheted 2 new headbands with big dimensional flowers.

We arrived at our hotel, Four Points Sheraton, Brentwood, about 1:30pm. It is a beautiful hotel and the staff is exceptional. We felt right at home in no time. We ate lunch in the hotel restaurant and the food was amazing! I had the chicken, spinach wrap, and it was the best I have ever had. My husband had the burger with sauteed onions, mushroom and red bell peppers with french fries, and he also said it was the best burger he has ever had. The french fries were hand cut and the presentation was very pleasing. We met the executive chef and praised him for his flavorings. Dinner was also wonderful and they had a local musician playing and singing with his acoustic guitar. Very pleasant and an enjoyable evening. I highly recommend this hotel & restaurant if you are ever traveling to Nashville.
 
This is a gorgeous view from our 6th floor suite.

 
Today, I stayed at the hotel while Brian went to meet his caddie and play a practice round before the Senior Open Qualifier tournament tomorrow. His tee time is 8:40am, so we will be out of here very early. Fortunately, the hotel has a complete breakfast buffet every morning, so we fill up before we go.
 
I made 5 more headbands today, and also a few coffee cup sleeves. There is a very large picture window in our suite, and I have been sitting by it and enjoying the beautiful scenery as I crocheted. Here are some that I have made since leaving home yesterday.
 
 
Tomorrow will be spent at the golf course, and then we will continue our journey to Crossville, TN, where I will be demonstrating extreme knitting, and teaching a class Saturday afternoon  on crocheting in the round. We will be making a chair pad with fabric strips and an extreme crochet hook. Everyone in the class gets a free pattern, and a 15% coupon good on the hand crafted wood crochet hooks. It will be lots of fun! There is still time to sign up for the class.

This is where I will be teaching Saturday: Dunn-Again Shabby Chic, 1771 Peavine Road, Crossville, TN. (931)287-0594


Check out this headband on KnitnHook Studio on Artfire!


No comments:

Post a Comment